4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 tbsp. curry powder
• ¼ cup apricot jam
• ¼ cup sour cream
• ¼ cup mayonnaise
• ¼ cup finely chopped celery
• ¼ cup finely chopped red onion (about ½ medium onion)
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rub the chicken breasts with 1 tbsp. of the curry powder, place them on a lightly greased baking sheet and roast until a meat thermometer registers 125 to 160 degrees in the thickest part, or until the juices run clear. Let the chicken cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1 tbsp. curry powder with the apricot jam, sour cream and mayonnaise.
4. When the chicken is cool, cut into ½ inch cubes. Add the chicken, celery, and onion to the bowl and stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Any unused curried chicken recipe can be covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days.)
Recipe adapted from Alice’s Tea Cup cookbook by Haley and Lauren Fox. (William Morrow Cookbooks, 2010